2016 Bag Tag League
In 2016, we are happy to organize 3 weekly Bag Tag events. Sunday in Sisters, Tuesday at Pine Nursery, and Friday in Redmond. Visit the Bag Tags page for complete details. See the Events Calendar for the complete schedule and format.
2016 Summer Handicap Singles League
Week 10 to be held Monday, August 22nd @ Dry Canyon Disc Golf Course in Redmond
Summer League 2016 Rules and Payout structure
- Scores are adjusted to a “no handicap” score of 54. (see Handicap Table, (to the right)) in the event course par is over 55 course adjustment of ((course par-54)*.8) will be applied
- Players ADD handicap throws to their raw score to receive adjusted score.
- Handicaps are based on a sliding percentage that starts at 80.4% and rises to 90% of the difference between the raw score and 54.
- Player’s best 4 raw round scores are used to calculate the round average to determine the handicap each week.
- Players are ranked each session based on their adjusted scores (i.e. raw scores combined with handicaps).
- Adjusted scores are capped at a lower limit of 45 and an upper limit of 89
- Scoring caps are used to prevent extremely high handicaps and restrict a players one round and final league standing advantage.
- Players use the following TIEBREAK SEQUENCE.
- a) Player with lower raw score wins tie
- b) Player who has played more rounds in league
- c) Player with lower combined adjusted raw score
- d) Disc flip
- Top 40% of finish positions are paid each week based on adjusted score.
- Payout calculations start with the lowest money winner getting the $3 weekly league entry fee back.
- Payout follows PDGA Pro payout table guidelines (see next page).
- Entry fee is $5 each week. $4 first week goes to finals pot.
- $3, 60% of the entry fees make up each weekly purse.
- $1, 20% is reserved toward final league payout.
- $1, 20% goes to the club treasury.
- $4 first week for goes to finals pot.
- $1 optional ace pot. $500 cap (at $500 all new funds go to build 2nd (3rd etc) pot for after $500 pot is hit).
- Any remaining ace pots at end of season will role over to 2015/2016 Winter league. There is a $257 carry over from Winter league 2014/2015
- NEW PLAYERS are always welcome, but are not eligible for weekly payout until their second week of competition.
- New players establish a handicap based on their first week of play.
- The two meter rule is always in effect.
- Players must compete in 5 of 11 (45.45%) rounds to qualify for the final. (FIVE adjusted scores.)
- The player that competes the most weeks with the lowest combined RAW average score will be awarded a wild card.
- If there is an odd # of players registered for the finals, the wild card player will be granted a spot.
- 50% of the final purse ($.50/player OR 10% weekly entry fees) payout to players based on total of top seven adjusted/ raw scores.
- Finals Purse payout to players based on total of top six adjusted/raw scores awarded September 5th.
- Ties will be awarded to the player with the lower raw average score over the duration of league (11 weeks).
- 50% of the final purse ($.50/player OR 10% weekly entry fees) goes towards finals scramble.
- Finals league day is scheduled for September 5th, @ 9:00am.
- Final league day cost is $5/player, $1 (20%) goes to club treasury.
- The final scramble purse = ($.50/player OR 10% weekly entry fees) + ($4 per player finals entry).
- Finals format will be a doubles style tournament.
- Raw average score over the duration of league (11 weeks) will be used to determine partners.
- The top seeded player is paired with the bottom, 2nd from top with 2nd from bottom, etc.
- Handicaps for finals are based on combined RAW averages of qualifiers.
- The first round is singles format. Players combine singles round scores for a total score.
The second round is alternate shot doubles.
- The scores are then added together to determine the winner. (1st+1st+2nd = Total Score)
- Ties will be played off in a best shot doubles format.
- Payout follows PDGA Pro payout table guidelines.
Start time for all weeks other than finals is at 6:00pm. Sign in starts @ 5:30pm. Subject to change as year progresses.
Week 1: June 13th – Pine Nursery
Week 2: June 20th – Dry Canyon
Week 3: June 27th – Pine Nursery
July 4th – No League on this date due to the 4th of July holiday.
Week 4: July 11th – Dry Canyon
Week 5: July 18th – Pine Nursery
Week 6: July 25th – Dry Canyon
Week 7: August 1st – Pine Nursery
Week 8: August 8th – Dry Canyon
Week 9: August 15th – Pine Nursery
Week 10: August 22nd – Dry Canyon
Week 11: August 29th – Pine Nursery
Finals: September 5th – Finals: Hyzer Pines – Start time of 9:00am.
2015/2016 Winter Doubles League
Has concluded – Full Results